Thursday, March 31, 2011

It's a love and hate relationship!

Talk radio is a radio format that has discussion about issues. Most of these radio talk shows are hosted by a single individual, unless your Shanin & Parks, and often feature interviews with a number of different guests. Talk radio is also known for listener participation by airing live conversations between the host and listeners who call on by phone to the show. Sometimes the callers get to talk to the guest in studio. There is conservative talk, hot talk, progressive talk and sports talk.

I love the talk about issues and view points. I hate the mean spirit that it sometimes fosters. I hate that some talk show hosts think that they are always right and everyone else is wrong. I love when a caller calls in and the talk show host cuts them down or vice verse. I love talk shows that allow both points of views to be expressed. I hate it when a talk so host has someone on that they disagree with and continually cut them off not allowing them to finish their point. I like to listen to conservative talk radio for several reasons. It makes me laugh, I may agree sometimes, but not all of the time and the topics are hot.

I listen to Tony from Tony's Kansas City this past week on KMBZ Live with Darla Jaye. I really don't know why Tony even bothers going on her show. Tony holds his own pretty good, even though I suspect that he never sees any of the emails, tweets, or texts supporting him.

No comments:

Post a Comment