Sunday, March 27, 2011

Local polka band packs up its accordion for good



A one-a and a two-a... Come on now, who doesn't love Lawrence Welk and a good polka, except it's not Lawrence packing up the accordian. I grew up around polka. As a catholic, there were polka masses, polka weddings and other celebrations surrounding polka music. Oh yeah and the Big Joe Polka Show. Makes me laugh just to think about it. I remember that I had this album of three nuns singing polka music including In heaven there is no beer. I can't tell you how many dumb ass records i have liked but this one here has to take the cake! The Transcendental Sisters of Saint Francis. Ah....good times in a small town in Western Kansas.  
After 25 years, polka band packs up its accordion for good - KansasCity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment