Monday, May 30, 2011

Until we meet again...



Thanks Oprah!

On September 8, 1986, the first national episode of The Oprah Winfrey Show was broadcast into homes across America. I remember that day. I was a Sophomore at Thomas More Prep-Marian High School. I came home and turned on the TV because I wanted to see this lady on TV they called Oprah. I remember my own mother saying that she was going to like watching her. As the years went on, I would continue to tune in when I could and catch episodes as I could, especially when she had someone on that I wanted to see or a topic I was interested. It was because of Oprah and a adaption reunion show that I decided to find my own biological mother.  Now, 25 years later, Oprah steps onto the stage for the last time to share her greatest lessons and hopes for her viewers and to say so long.

Thank you Oprah for 25 years and wish you many more now on your OWN network!

No comments:

Post a Comment